Friday, November 30, 2012

Excellent Group Policy How-To

I've been testing Window Server 2012 via the "Early Experts" class, which is a very cool class, and experienced this very informative, super user-friendly TechNet how-to article on Group Policy. I'm not a GP guy. What I mean by that is that my job doesn't require a deep understanding of GP, only a foundational level understanding of GP, so I don't know the really cool things you can do with GP for your network(s). After going through this how-to for Server 2012 I now understand some deeper things about GP.

The how-to is for Server 2003, but it works for Server 2012 at least for the part we are at in Administering GP.

Check it out here.

I highly suggest going through, at your own pace, the Windows Server 2012 Early Experts challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life in IT appreciates and encourages your comments, but we do have guidelines for posting comments:

1. Avoid profanities or foul language unless it is contained in a necessary quote.

2. Stay on topic.

3. Disagree, but avoid ad hominem attacks.

4. Threats are treated seriously and reported to law enforcement.

5. Spam and advertising are not permitted in the comments area.

Thanks!