Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I passed the CompTIA Network+ exam!

Whoo-hoo! I passed the exam! I'm now Network+ certified. It feels good.

My study method was the following: 

* I read through Mike Meyers' book on the network+ exam three times. I underlined and wrote down key points to put into memory. 
* I studied the key points a few times through the day before and the day of the test.
* I took the practice tests and exams available on the cd that came with Meyers' book
* Took the practice exam from CompTIA located on their website. 
* prayed :) 

I have to say that the practice exam on CompTIA's website was much more difficult than the actual exam. I think it's because the official exam asked more scenario based questions whereas the practice exam from compTIA focused more on defining terms. 

Anyway, I'm an excited fellow right now. I now have two certifications to add to my associate degree in IT. I guess next I will focus on a Microsoft certification?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life in IT appreciates and encourages your comments, but we do have guidelines for posting comments:

1. Avoid profanities or foul language unless it is contained in a necessary quote.

2. Stay on topic.

3. Disagree, but avoid ad hominem attacks.

4. Threats are treated seriously and reported to law enforcement.

5. Spam and advertising are not permitted in the comments area.

Thanks!