Monday, May 21, 2012

Network+ test coming up soon!

My comptia network+ exam is this coming Wednesday! Am I nervous? Yeah, I am just a little bit nervous. I've read Mike Meyers' Network+ book two times through, now working on the third reading prepping for Wednesday. I didn't think a third reading would be beneficial, but it actually has been beneficial for me. Subnetting makes more sense now and so does distance-vector and link-state routing. So, this third reading had rocked so far.

I'm also working on my official third year as an IT professional. By 'official' I mean employed. Before employment I was a tech enthusiast, but not professional. I think working in the IT field helps tremendously with these exams, but I guess I can't know that for sure until I pass the Net+ exam this coming Wednesday.

Buy Mike's Network+ book here. Note: I'm studying the 2009/4th edition book because that is the exam I registered to take. The 2012 exams, I believe, are out and ready for registration and so are the books. I know for sure that Mike's 4th edition book is solid and well worth using for prepping, but I can't say for sure if his newest book is a good tool because I haven't personally used it. However, based on my experience with his books, I'm sure it's a good read and tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life in IT appreciates and encourages your comments, but we do have guidelines for posting comments:

1. Avoid profanities or foul language unless it is contained in a necessary quote.

2. Stay on topic.

3. Disagree, but avoid ad hominem attacks.

4. Threats are treated seriously and reported to law enforcement.

5. Spam and advertising are not permitted in the comments area.

Thanks!